PositiveSingles.com - the largest STD-single dating site!

Google

Friday, September 23, 2005

Before you get naked

The honest and moral thing for two people who are embarking on a
physical relationship is to talk about STD's and to let their possible
mate know of their situation, if they in fact have any STD's.

How about making a first date to go "find out" your status, especially
before you have sex. All of us are too quick to think 'It won't happen
to me!!' Don't kid yourself, I used to think the same way.

People who are aware of the fact that they have an STD (ie: herpes, HIV
or whatever) should be doing the right thing by telling their partners,
and we would hope that their partners felt the need to be responsible too.
None of us are immune to STD's and could be living with one and not even be aware.

I contracted Herpes from a guy who probably knew he had herpes but
failed to tell me. Mind you, it was my own fault for not requiring
more of the men who I had been meeting and having sexual relations
with. Heck, I never brought the subject up either, so I guess at
that time, it made me no better than him. Never assume that
everything and everyone is OK. Contrary to popular belief, people
who have herpes DO NOT walk around with a scarlet H attached to
their forehead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luanne said...

David, that's a good rule of thumb in general, but unfortunately there is no guarantee of not transmitting or receiving the virus, even if you do wear a condom. Many people have it and don't even know they have it. My goal is to spread awareness and get people talking about it. Thank you for your comment.

Luanne

Friday, September 23, 2005 12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I recently found out that i had this virus. I got it from my child's father. We were engaged. After i found out that he gave it to me I found out that he had been cheating on me with lots of women. he actually had the nerve to blame me! he asked if i was cheating on him!i told him no. he said he didn't have it and that i didn't get it from him. but he is the ONLY man i had ever been with unprotected. my first ob (b4 i knew what it was) was the most horrible thing i have ever been through. the pain was so severe. it hurt to urinate. i couldn't walk. i was out of work for days. i even had these bad episodes where i couldn't sit down. my legs would go numb all the way to my hips. i had to be dragged to the bathroom because if i put pressure on my legs trying to walk i would scream out in pain. sometimes i would beg my family to let me pee on myself so i wouldnt have to sit down because of the pain. i haven't gotten over this scar on my life. i wake up crying for no reason. my mood swings up and down and i end up a mess. it has taken over my life. i have no life. i cant even bear to think about dating because i would have to tell that person about this if iwant sex or something more serious and the the word my spread about me in this little town of mine. a lot of people know me and all it takes is one guy to turn me down and walk away from me and then blab to his buddies. im not a whore i was faithful to this man! i dont sleep around with everybody! it's not fair!!!!! especially when i know whores( i have some friends whore) who have nothing. they sleep around and get nothing and im not like them. i was just in love with a man who i thought loved me too. why did this happened to me? i am so depressed. i just want to crawl inside a hole and die. i have no one to talk to. i haven't even told my best friend. she'd prob think i had something so contagious if i breathed in her direction she'd get it. im scared she wont understand and not let me give my godchildren kisses anymore. so i dont kiss them i let them kiss me on the cheek so that if i ever do tell she wont freak out and say well why giving my kids kisses, u might give it to them. it aint like she know anything about herpes. i dont even know why im writing this. its not like the rest of these posts all positive and stuff. i try, god knows i try to be positive and go on but i cant! im all alone in this.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 12:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google