PositiveSingles.com - the largest STD-single dating site!

Google

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Dating with herpes - an experience

Would you date someone with herpes? I had asked for some experiences and this is one of the replies which I received.

I feel the same way about internet dating, I
have tried it and had mostly bad luck. Most of the
women I talked to seemed open minded at first and then
when I finally mentioned about herpes I got responses
like "Oh my God! You have herpes?!" or "this isn't
going to work after all" or "I don't want to get
herpes, so we'd better end this". I felt like I was
dirty and trying to trick them by the kinds of
responses I got from people. Then one day luck finally
changed somewhat...I had finally met a person on a herpes
site who also has genital herpes and we have been
together 5 months now, and we are planning on staying
together. I think what helped is that I actually met
her 10 years ago through another means, and at that
time she already had herpes, but I didn't. Then later
I ended up getting herpes, and now we met again 10 years
later. Kind of an interesting story?


note: It's unfortunate that the ones who weren't willing to risk getting
to know you and appreciate you for your honesty. I just don't get it
sometimes with people. I truly believe that "fear of the unknown" is
what scares people off. If they truly were meant to be your mate, they
would have done the research, only to find how bloomin' common it truly is.
I'd like to go teach some health classes for these school teachers. That's
the first place we hear about herpes is from Sex Ed classes, so I think
things should be taught about how common it is, not how awful it is. We
keep on a going :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google