PositiveSingles.com - the largest STD-single dating site!

Google

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Would You Date Someone with Herpes

At this stage in my life, I would have to say yes and it would certainly depend on the circumstances. There is no harm in dating and getting to know someone anyway and if they tell you they have herpes, what you need to realize is that telling you was not the easiest thing for them to do, however because they strive to be honest in their lives and chances are, they had sexual relations with someone who didn't give them that choice of knowing in advance. Then there are also those who didn't even know they had it, due to asymptomatic shedding. Good luck with your decision and just remember that they apparently cared enough about you to confide something to you so personal and which in the past has had a very negative stigma attached to it. Just remember it can happen to ANYBODY. Heck, you might even have it yourself. Also, just because you might have had all of your "STD testing" done at the clinic, doesn't mean they automatically test for herpes, so you could have it and not even know it. Ever had a coldsore? That's oral herpes and that can be transferred to someone genitally via oral sex. Get tested before you judge. You might come to realize that it's truly a non-issue. It is a non-issue for me because I've gotten ok with having herpes. It doesn't define who I am, even though, I believe I have become a better person in spite of having herpes. So if you're asking the question, would you be willing to date a person who had genital herpes, then I hope you would consider the person themselves and not the virus so much. Life is about choices.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi herpsters/herpettes!
having been gifted with "h" 20+ years i feel i would be remiss in my humanity if i didn't pass my coping ciriculum 2 my fellow "giftee's'". a] destress whenever possible { i practice tai c'hi c'hih & maintain a zen-taoist mindset}. b] proper diet {greens r good,avoid caffiene,nuts,& chocolate [carob's a decent replacement]. c] vitamins & mineral suppliments...i use l-lysine. & lastly, be honest in with your playmates! my wife & i have a few, & non-denial has gotten more doors [etc] open than we thought possible.
namaste'
smoothrasp

Friday, March 09, 2007 4:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello again,fellow giftees...
in answer 2 the querys' topic, let me just say yes. my wife & i r polysexual.so long as honesty & condoms r brought in2 play, we've found willing partners with both the non gifted & fellow afflictees'. we don't play on the rare prodrome & outbreak episodes, & the shedding scenario is an explained risk. ergo,we don't go where we're not invited. y'all'd be suprised @ the # of alleged non-herpetics out there that LIVE in denial of their condition- even when faced with facts...or the # of playmates that respond 2 honest disclosure & protection. honesty,personal hygene,condoms & REITERATION of disclosure have served us well. so again,yes...we would date another "gifted" couple.
namaste'

Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger Luanne said...

thank you for stopping by smoothrasp :-) Dang, don't you wish it was 1969 again lolol

Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have lived with "H" for 13 yrs and I feared dating for many because I thought I was dirty or even a bad person for having this std I hated myself and the person u gave it to me for many years. But when u look at how most people get it they dont even know I may even Ben living with it for 15 yrs, you can contract this virus not knowing it...ugh! It sucks but u can have a normal healthy sexual relation ship with your partner even tho u should take percations

Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:57:00 AM  
Blogger Luanne said...

to anonymous from Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:57:00 AM

It's all a time process for sure. It just takes time getting used to living with herpes. It's all good. :-)

Monday, April 09, 2012 1:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google