PositiveSingles.com - the largest STD-single dating site!

Google

Monday, August 15, 2005

Should I be on daily suppression?

Valtrex is one of the most popular forms of daily supression taken by people who suffer from herpes. However, there are many (myself included) who do not take daily supression, never have and probably never will. After all, I believe it is something which two people should/could decide on together if they are that concerned about it. Herpes is not a life threatening virus (for the majority, -very few rare and extreme cases-, more on those later).

If I were in a sexual relationship, I might consider it if it made my partner feel better, however I have had sex many times in the past, some with condoms for protection and some without and I NEVER passed the virus along (at least no one ever came back to me and said "What's this"). Mind you, I suppose it's possible that because they were "exposed" to it, that they might not be affected by it until years later down the road. Those were in my denial days. I've learned alot and have matured quite nicely in that I will never ever expose someone to the virus without letting them know in advance. For me, it's totally an honesty issue in a relationship and shows a good line of open communication. I personally have no reason to waste my money on something which truly does not impact my life or offer any guarantees. I can still pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google