PositiveSingles.com - the largest STD-single dating site!

Google

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Wow!! Am I reading this right??

Headline reads:

Innovative Therapies Show Promise for Alzheimer's Disease Alzheimer Vaccine.

The latest approach to an Alzheimer vaccine turns a type of herpes virus into a harmless shell to deliver genetically engineered precision payloads to the immune system, Howard J. Federoff, M.D., Ph.D., reported at the Alzheimer's Association International Conference on Prevention of Dementia.

Read the full article here and tell me what you think:

What I am getting from this is that if a person has the herpes virus in their system or if you are injected with the herpes virus that this can help towards the Alzheimer's disease. OK......so what TYPE of herpes virus??? How vague can they be :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger ~*~*~*~*~ said...

I'd sure be interested in hearing someone explain this in more "elementary" terms so that I could understand it better.

Right now, I guess my thinking is that they are taking the "herpes cell" as if it were a Shell. Using the shell to deliever whatever treatment they have come up with.

Kind of like cleaning out a clam shell (the muscle being the virus) and the shell being why they can't find a darned cure. They use that Tough shell to house the treatment.

Make sense? That's what I'm thinking... but like I said, I'd love to have someone more familiar with this topic to explain it to me in terms I may better understand.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 6:59:00 AM  
Blogger Luanne said...

I'm with you girl. Sounds good on the surface but would love to hear more about it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google