PositiveSingles.com - the largest STD-single dating site!

Google

Monday, March 06, 2006

I've Had Herpes for A Long Time

I've come to realize this is the bottomline when it comes to telling a possible new romantic interest.

How did you tell them?


I just tell them. And I usually tell them right away, in the first few days. I say "There's something you need to know, I have hsv2." I've had a few funny reactions, a few pauses and then a "No big deal" reaction, and one "Whoop dee do" reaction. A man is seeing you because he is interested in YOU. And it is true that herpes is something we have, not who we are. God forbid herpes should define who I am. If anyone looks in the dictionary, they won't find a picture of any of us next to the word "Herpes".

When I am asked out, that tells me the man is interested. I can show him that I am a nice person, I can show him that I have compassion, I can show him that I have a sense of humor. I can show him that I am no different than any other human being on the face of this earth. If he cannot overlook the fact that I have herpes, to see the wonderful, beautiful person that I am, then the only thing I will show him is the door. There are too many really decent guys out there to waste any time on someone like that.

Just take a deep breath and go for it.

Libby

Thank you Libby for sharing this great, bottom line opinion which I agree with totally. You Go girl :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google