PositiveSingles.com - the largest STD-single dating site!

Google

Monday, March 27, 2006

She's movin' on with her life.

I left the Herpes support group, because I feel like I have closure with having HSV2. I have had HSV2 for 3 years, the man I slept with lied to me about having an STD, and I was blessed with the souvenir. I am now 28 years old. I was always on the group site looking for responses to how potential suitors handled the news of being told, and when was a good time to tell a potential partner. I have told a few people, most react well, it's true that how you tell matters to how they react. People do trust and respect you for being honest and wanting to protect them. I realized that I have a lot to offer and that patience pays off. I didn't feel desperate to be in a relationship, I only dated people I genuinely liked and was attracted to. I only told those that I felt like I wanted to be serious with, which wasn't many, but I'm kind of picky. I think it's important to date as if you didn't have anything to worry about, tell when you feel like it's someone you can trust, care about and someone you would genuinely want to be with. I realized it's best not to wait too long, so that it's not painful if it's something they can't handle. I am beautiful, intelligent, funny, kind and fun. I was not willing to settle for someone just because they might accept me with HSV2. Having herpes really is not a big deal. Basically, I'm now in a fabulous relationship with the best man I have ever met, he's handsome, smart, sexy, sweet, talented, honest and fun! I'm now on daily Valtrex 500MG, it's almost like I don't even have the virus. Obviously, I watch out for prodome and symptoms to keep him safer. I know that it is important to give people time to digest the information. After I told my guy, it seemed like he was only interested in being friends, we still would snowboard together, but there was a distance between us. Two weeks later, he came around, it may have been me feeling awkward and unintentionally pushing him away. It's perfect now. Having HSV2 isn't a big deal, it truly is very common and there is no reason to pitty yourself or settle. I'm happy and feel great. Being involved with a herpes support sight was a big help to me when I doubted myself, thank you. Feel free to post this email, it may help someone.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Stephanie, thank you for allowing me to share your feelings on how a herpes support group has helped you. Hopefully others will find it inspirational for them.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you.. (I mean it)

The person i was with who made endless promises of wanting to be married to me has refused after i told her yesterday. I have not even touched her till now. She said she appreciates my honesty and now has more respect for me. I said Big deal, what is the point. I got this 'gift' during my first unprotected act with the person i trusted and its been 2 yrs and had 3 ob till now. The girl who gave it to me has been around to help me get out of this. I got into depression but never lost my temper on her and in 6 mths she was out of patience.

She has moved on very well but I guess i will never be out of it.

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger Luanne said...

You too will be able to move on, but what you truly need to do is get OK with you first and the fact that you have herpes. It truly is not the end of the world, it's just herpes. You will not die from it, nor will anyone else (except for rare, extreme cases when there are other factors tied into it -truly).

The first step in getting your life back is acceptance of yourself. Find a support group or even just a social group. Read my post on "supportive strangers". Trust me, it's the very best thing you can do for yourself. In order for someone else to be comfortable with the possibility of "getting herpes" you have to show them that you are "ok with having herpes" that herpes has not changed who you are. That my friend is the key. Good luck and keep me posted.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Melisa said...

Hi ts good to find yourself and not give up because of herpes.you can still live and enjoy your life.am 27yrs i fell in love with somebody for the last 8yrs he cheated on me alot finaly he left me with HSV2.i was hurt n broken but through good friends am much beter and searching for smone to be with.melisa

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger Luanne said...

Hang in there Melisa. Sounds like you've come to terms with it and are just "movin' on". Good for you!! :-) Stay positive and say the word HERPES out loud a few times. It's very liberating to say it. It's a hard word to say to yourself, let alone someone else.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living with Herpes is really hard, especially when you are a single. According to a report from the largest Herpes singles dating site HerpesSupport.net, 98% of its members who used to be on a general dating site to find the love and support were rejected by others. That could be the reason that why HerpesSupport.net is so popular and now has more than 650,000 members.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 8:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google